CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Guest Host at Digital 2 for Tuesday!

I was honoured again by Cora at Digital Two for Tuesday to be chosen as a guest host again this month! It is an absolute joy to create with the vintage images that Cora shares - they are just too delightful for words!

The image I chose to use is the most beautifully detailed vintage Santa I've ever seen.... and this is what I created....

Ingredients: Cora's digital "Santa" image; Round Kraft Gift Box; Chalks - Pebbles Inc; Green Stardust Pen - Sakura;  Holly Cotton Ribbon; Red Satin Ribbon; Green Loopy Trim; Red Rhinestones, White Pearls - Kaisercraft; Organza Star Flower.

I printed the image, and used the lid of the gift box as a template to trim the image to the size I needed.  I coloured Santa with chalks, and used Stardust pen to add 'glitz' to the holly leaves.  I wanted Santa to retain a vintage look, so I left him faded.  I adhered the image to the top of the lid.  Using DS tape, I fixed red satin tibbon around the lid, then added the green trim, allowing the scalloped edges to fall above and below the lid's edges.  I added a line of pearls to the insdie edge of the lid, and added red rhinestones in various sizes to represent holly berries.
 
Then came the box itself - I adhered  two layers of a beautifully printed holly ribbon, and hid the join with a row of pearls.  Sneaky.  I ran a border along the bottom with the green trim (now I've none left!!!).  I finished off by adding a red organza flower to the lid.

I am very happy with the end result - I'm not big with 3D or 'off the page' projects - so Cora's challenge to create a special 3D project was a challenge for me.  Do pop over to Cora's Digital Two for Tuesday blog, and see the wonderful creations that her guest hosts create for you.  Cora share digital images every Tuesday (sometimes there are surprises at other times too!) and they are wonderful.... you'll fall in love with them!

Although the image I used was shared last week, don't despair!  All Cora's images are always available!  Make yourself a cuppa (or two, maybe even three) and spend a while ... there is such a variety, it's like a department store!  Thanks for peepin'!

1 cared to share!:

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Pauline this is gorgeous and congratulations on being a guest designer this month!